Latest News

Oxford United - Please see the GWEPC position on the Oxford United Stadium proposal. Please note consultation with residents is in progress. GWEPC position regarding OUFC Stadium Proposal

Council has been advised on 4th December 2022 that another site in the Parish is under consideration with OCC. This land is on the triangle that currently has no public access. The letter to stakeholders is widely in the public domain and a copy can be found here. Please note council are currently reviewing this and we anticipate meeting OCC in January and will provide further updates following that. OCC letter to stakeholders regarding OUFC Dec 2022

Our latest newsletter has been published - a copy can be found here Newsletter - Autumn 2021





What is council tax?

Council tax is collected by your local council to pay for services in your community. It was introduced in 1993, replacing the Community Charge (poll tax), which in turn replaced local rates in England and Wales in 1990.

The previous rates system was based on the rental value of your home - by contrast, council tax is based on the property's market value.

Every property is put into a council tax band between A and H, based on its size, location and a few other factors.

You’ll be sent a bill in April each year, with the option to pay off the amount in full, or broken up in instalments.

Paying the bill is normally the responsibility of the person living in the property, either the owner-occupiers or tenants in privately rented or council accommodation.

Visit Cherwell District Council for further information.

How is council tax spent?

Money earned through council tax goes towards local services such as policing, fire services, support for the elderly and vulnerable, parks maintenance, and refuse disposal and street cleaning.

Each council is responsible for allotting the funds as it sees fit.

Council tax pays for 25% of local government spending. Other money comes from business rates. These services are also funded by central government.